Mrs. Buldler entered teams of three from her Personal Finance class. The team consisting of: Jayden Garrett, Logan Gimeson, and Logan Lembke finished in the top five of all Western Nebraska teams earning the regional berth. This statewide contest is sponsored by the Nebraska Council on Economic Education.
There is big prize money up for grabs at the Regional Competitions!
Each regional competition will have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners. The three 1st place regional winners will be ranked by their scores from the preliminary online round of competition to determine the State Champion team, and 2nd and 3rd overall in the state.
- The regional winner with highest online score will be awarded 1st place and will be the state championship team moving on to the National competition in St. Louis on . All travel expenses will be paid for all team members and the teacher. Each team member will receive a $2000 Nebraska College Savings Plan.
- The regional winner awarded 2nd place will earn a $1000 Nebraska College Savings Plan for each team member.
- The regional winner awarded 3rd place will earn a $500 Nebraska College Savings Plan for each team member.
The second and third place winning teams in each region will also receive prize money.
- 2nd place regional winning team members each will receive a $100 cash prize.
- 3rd place regional winning team members each will receive a $50 each cash prize.
Each team will be given a hypothetical family scenario. They will have two hours to create a PowerPoint presentation on their financial recommendations for the family. Each team will have 10 minutes to present their financial plan to our panel of expert judges. Teams must bring their own laptop computer(s). Each team will have a private study area for working. Free wireless Internet access is available in the building.