Seniors and Senior Parents,
Make sure you take advantage of the FREE opportunity to file your FAFSA with a professional right here at Chadron High School. EducationQuest is currently taking applications.
Please call EducationQuest at 800-666-3721 to setup an appointment. Appointments are needed to receive assistance that day. Individual appointments are available from 12:30pm to 5:00pm on February 17 and 8:00am to 5:00pm on February 18.
Items to bring to your appointment include the following:
- PIN numbers for parent and student - apply for a PIN at www.pin.edu.gov
- Parent and student 2014 Federal tax returns (returns don't need to be filed, just completed)
- W-2's and K-1 Form 1065
- Value of checking/savings accounts and investments
- Amount of untaxed income: child support or worker's compensation
- Student's driver's license number
- Student's Social Security number
- Alien Registration Number of eligible non-citizens
- Parents' birth dates
- Student's birth date
- Parent's date of marriage, separation, or divorce
Expect Financial Aid Award Notifications in the spring from the colleges you list on your FAFSA. You will not get these award notifications until you complete this process.
The notifications will detail the financial aid assistance the colleges are offering (could be a combination of scholarships, grants, work-study and student loans).
Reminder: FAFSA cannot be completed until taxes are completed. Please have your taxes complete before the February 17th appointments.
(Each college has a different deadline for sending out financial aid packages. If you complete your FAFSA in February you should be able to expect final financial award notifications by March!)
For any further questions or concerns, contact Mrs. Watson in the Guidance Office at 432-0725.